The award-winning Vidago Palace Hotel Golf Course was redesigned by the firm Cameron & Powell from an original by Mackenzie Ross built in 1936. The extension of the golf course from 9 to 18 holes was developed to retain the integrity of the original design and to faithfully reflect the aesthetics, playability, spirit & character of the site. The first 9 holes are played in a relatively flat area in the Vidago valley, the last 4 finishing holes are breath taking, built on sloppy land with fantastic views on the natural surroundings, the Vidago Palace and the distant villages. The golf course layout was built in order to retain every valuable centenary tree. The features of the golf course are the elevated tees and greens, were the tee boxes are built with stone walls, strategic bunker positioning and greens that demand a sharp eye to read the slopes.